Join Us in San Francisco in 2014!
The IUPAC International Congress of Pesticide Chemistry has been held every 4 years since 1967. In 2014, the 13th Congress will be sponsored by the American Chemical Society, Division of Agrochemicals or AGRO. It will be held at the ACS National Meeting and Exposition in San Francisco on August 10-14, 2014 at the beautiful San Francisco Marriott Marquis. Abstract submissions will begin in early 2014.
The Congress will draw on strengths of the ACS-AGRO tradition in bringing together the world’s leading experts to share recent discoveries and to debate future directions for advancing research and regulation of agricultural chemistry and pest management science, promoting public health, and preserving environmental quality.
Click here to download a detailed description of the expected outcomes of this Congress.
Who Should Attend?
Scientists, regulators, natural resource managers, interested in topics related to crop protection chemistry. A wide range of topics will be included – synthesis, mode of action, resistance management, environmental chemistry, risk assessment, regulation, formulation, etc. See the list of main topics for this Congress.
There are a number of opportunities available for volunteers to assist with planning and preparations for the Congress. Download the latest listing of volunteer opportunities to see where your talents might fit in. Contact Laura McConnell or Ken Racke for further details.
What should I do right now?
- Sign up to receive email updates from the Congress organizers so that you will have the latest information on abstract submissions, registration, and other developments.
- Make your plans to attend the Congress. If you are not a US Citizen, review the information for international travelers on obtaining a US Visa.
- Become a Congress Sponsor. A number of different types of opportunities exist to highlight your company or organization. See the Sponsorship Opportunities the IUPAC Congress for more details or contact Ken Racke.
- Submit ideas for symposia, luncheon seminars, panel discussions, workshops, short courses to our program committee using the IUPAC 2014 Symposium Proposal Template. Contact Cathleen Hapeman or Jay Gan for more information.
- Submit a nomination for the IUPAC International Award for Advances in Harmonized Approaches to Crop Protection Chemistry. Download the IUPAC International Harmonization Award Call for Nominations