Join Us In San Francisco at IUPAC 2014!
For the first time, an IUPAC Congress of Pesticide Chemisty will be held in conjunction with an American Chemical Society (ACS) National meeting. Sponsored by the Division of Agrochemicals or AGRO, it will be held at the ACS National Meeting and Exposition in San Francisco on August 10-14, 2014 at the beautiful San Francisco Marriott Marquis. Over 1000 delegates are expected to attend the Pesticide Congress in addition to more than 12,000 chemists who will be involved in technical programming organized by other ACS Divisions. In addition to Congress sessions, registrants will enjoy full access to sessions organized by all ACS Divisions as well as the ACS Exhibition.
Don’t miss the Congress Opening Ceremony on Sunday August 10, 5:00 to 6:30 in the San Francisco Marriott Marquis, Yerba Buena Salon 9. The Opening Ceremony is free for all registered IUPAC Congress attendees. Reconnect with your colleagues from years past and make new connections with scientists from around the world. Light refreshments will be served with music from Trio Maxim.
TRAVELING TO SAN FRANCISCO – Helpful Suggestions
- Check out the Travel Resources Page for the ACS Meeting to book transportation from the airport. Be sure to book your transfer from the correct airport. There are two in the area!
- Download the ACS National Meeting Mobile App to your smart phone. The IUPAC program is listed under the AGRO division.
- US Attendees who registered before June 29 will receive their badge and event tickets in the mail. Bring it with you to avoid waiting for a re-print.
- International attendees or those who registered after June 29 will need to pick up your badge at the Moscone Center North Upper Lobby.
- After you have your badge, come by and pick up your Congress Bag and Program at the IUPAC Welcome Desk on the lower level of the Marriott Marquis Hotel.
- Don’t forget to bring a jacket – San Francisco evenings can be cool and breezy (~15 deg. C).
SCIENTIFIC PROGRAM UPDATE
The Scientific Program is Now Available On-Line from ACS- Click here to access. Under the menu “Full Technical Program”, select “AGRO: Division of Agrochemicals” to see the scientific program.
The final version of the Congress Program Booklet and Abstracts are also now available for download.
These files are in .pdf format and require Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Use the Code IUPAC14 when you register. Please enter the code in the Voucher Number Field. This will identify you as an IUPAC Congress delegate and ensure that you receive your Congress Bag and access to information on all Congress Social Events. You will also be able to register at the ACS Member rate of $380 USD until July 15 and registration after July 15 is $445 USD.
SOCIAL EVENT SIGN-UP
When you register on-line, be sure to sign up for the ticketed IUPAC-sponsored social events:
- Monday to Wednesday August 10-13 – Luncheon and Dinner Seminars (one free per delegate, ticket required)
- Wednesday August 13 – Gala Congress Banquet featuring the Fil Lorenz Orchestra ($50.00 per person)
- Friday August 15 – Post Congress Agricultural Field Tour and Luncheon ($85 per person)
If you registered without signing up for social events, you can re-enter your registration account:
- Open the email confirmation you received from ACS after you registered. The sender is “email@example.com”. The subject line will read: Registration Confirmation – 248th ACS National Meeting & Exposition to get your badge number. (Download printable instructions)
- Go to the Registration Resource Center Login Page and enter the email that you used to register and your badge number.
- Click on the Blue Arrow Button to view all ticketed social events and other events at the ACS Meeting.
- Scroll down to the 13th IUPAC Congress of Pesticide Chemistry Events.
If you don’t see the IUPAC social events listed, you may have accidentally registered without using the IUPAC14 code.
Or you can:
Contact the Registration Customer Service Center with any registration questions Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
• Telephone: 1-800-251-8629 or 508-743-0192 (international calls)
• Fax: 508-743-9604
• E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Make your hotel reservations now
Hotel rooms will book up very quickly. Housing is now open for reservations. The Congress venue is the San Francisco Marriott Marquis, located just across the street from the Moscone Convention Center. In addition, many hotels with special rates are located nearby. Click here to enter the housing reservation system.
Opportunities for companies and organizations to sponsor social events, scientific emerging scientist travel, scientific programming, luncheon seminars, and program advertisements are still available. Download the list of sponsorship opportunities for more information, or contact Ken Racke.